Are you 18-29 years of age?
Want to start, buy or expand a business?
Interested in business education, advice and mentorship?
Up to $5,000 is available for eligible start-up businesses or expansion.
Starter Company is part of Ontario’s newly announced youth strategies to help young people succeed in today’s global economy. The Starter Company Program is an opportunity for eligible youth to be provided with business skills development, training, advice & mentoring. Appropriate participants can also apply for a grant of up to $5,000 to start, grow or buy a business.
Starter Company Program Process & Requirements:
- Complete an application
- Meet with program coordinator to discuss your idea or business venture
- Complete a business planning document & cash flow forecast (we can assist with this)
- Provide a copy of business registration, bank account, SIN# (required if approved for grant funding), and any other required licensing documents your program provider requests
- Submit completed business planning portfolio for review by a grant committee, and if approved, receive grant disbursement in 2 installments
- Agree to participate in coaching, mentoring, peer to peer discussions
- Complete all business training (in class seminars, workshops, online webinars, etc.)
- Operate your business on full-time basis
- Maintain an activity log with business tasks, operations and marketing activities for program provider review
- Maintain business records of income & expenses, including receipts
Starter Company Eligibility:
- Between 18 & 29 years of age
- Not in full time education & not returning to school
- Canadian citizen, resident of Northumberland County
- Commit to minimum 35 hours per week to your business
- Not currently participating in any other government funded entrepreneurship training/financing programs
- Starting / Operating / Expanding a business (Existing businesses must show growth – creating a job / hiring)
- Business must be sole proprietorship, an independent business venture, maintain own books and records, maintain separate business bank account, operate full time as defined in business plan
Not Eligible: Franchises, not for profits, multi level marketing ventures, single event such as musical ventures, DJs or dance/party organizations, pay per click or 1-900 businesses.
Contact us today to request an application!
Click edit button to change this text.