PLEASE NOTE: The Starter Company program is on hold until we receive further notice regarding grant opportunities from the Provincial government. Check back here for updated information. Thank you for your patience.
Are you 18-29 years of age?
Want to start, buy or expand a business?
Interested in business education, advice and mentorship?
Up to $5000 is available for eligible startups/expansions!
Starter Company is part of Ontario’s newly announced youth strategies to help young people succeed in today’s global economy. The Starter Company Program is an opportunity for eligible youth to be provided with business skills development, training, advice & mentoring. Appropriate participants can also apply for a grant of up to $5000 to start, grow or buy a business.
Starter Company Program Requirements:
- Complete an application
Interview to discuss your idea or existing business
Write a business plan (we can assist with this)
Agree to participate in coaching, training, mentoring, education modules
Attend regular meetings with Coordinator and attend roundtable peer discussions for at least six months after the business is started
Maintain a business journal
Starter Company Eligibility:
- Between 18 & 29 years of age
- Not in full time education & not returning to school
- Canadian citizen, resident of Ontario
- Commit to minimum 35 hours per week to your business
- Not currently participating in OSEB program or entrepreneurship training/financing programs offered by government funded organizations
- Starting / Operating / Expanding a business
- Business must be sole proprietorship, an independent business venture, maintain own books and records, maintain separate business bank account, operate full time as defined in business plan
Not Eligible: Franchises, not for profits, multi level marketing ventures, single event such as musical ventures, DJs or dance/party organizations, pay per click or 1-900 businesses.
Contact us today to request an application!
Click edit button to change this text.